As 2017 is fast approaching – Here are five (5) biblical facts about the number seventeen.
1) In the Bible the number 17 symbolizes “overcoming the enemy” and “complete victory.” God overcame the sins of rebellious humans when he began to flood the earth through rain on the 17th of the second Hebrew month.
2) Noah’s ark and its eight passengers rested on the mountains of Ararat on the 17th of the seventh month (right in the middle of God’s annual Holy period known as the Feast of Tabernacles).
3) Jesus Christ gained a complete victory over death and the grave when God resurrected him near sunset on Nisan 17 (Saturday, April 8, 30 A.D.).”
4) In 1 Kings 22:51 and 2 Kings 16:1 both Kings reigned in the seventeenth year but did evil in the sight of the Lord.
5) The longest names in the Bible that has 17 letters is found in Judges 3:8 is “Chushanrishathaim” which means “Cush of double wickedness, or governor of two presidencies.” “Therefore the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Chushanrishathaim king of Mesopotamia: and the children of Israel served Chushanrishathaim eight years.” Judges 3:8